One of the most adrenaline-adventure sports to relish in Himachal Pradesh is River Rafting, which is both mentally and physically challenging. There are several rivers originating in Himachal and some of them are apt for the exciting thrill of river rafting. The untamed rivers in this region are truly magical and you will need to feel the rush and enjoy it. The confluence of Chenab, Ravi, and Sutlej and the mighty Beas in Lahaul, Chamba, Shimla, and Kullu. The four river rafting circuits and the best places for rafting in Himachal Pradesh.
River Rafting is the most popular adventure activity in this region along with trekking, skiing, and paragliding. Travellers must experience rafting in Himachal Pradesh Tour Package to understand why it is so famous. One of the most appropriate places to indulge in river rafting after Uttarakhand.
Top rafting locations in Himachal Pradesh, India –
River Beas, Kullu Manali Region –
Kullu and Manali are excellent tourist destinations for all river rafting enthusiasts on River Beas. This river's clean and clear waters and its mild turbulence make it a perfect place for stream rafting. It is one of the best adventure activities in the Manali tour package. With more than 6 rapids, paddling along the stream in the highs and lows of the river Beas is an amazing treat for every adventure enthusiast.
Rafting stretches in Kullu Manali:
· 20 kilometers rafting from Manali to Jhiri near Bajaura in the Kullu district.
· 14 kilometer in Manali begins from Pirdi and goes all the way down to Jhiri.
· There are many other small stretches for beginners provided by camp owners on Kullu Manali Travel route.
Tattapani near Shimla
Rafting in the Sutlej River is the ultimate experience for rafters only. The river passes near Tattapani which has the sulfur springs of Himachal. The spreads offered here are 9,12, and 20 kilometers. Being home to many rivers, rafting in Tattapani is a famous adventure to enjoy near Shimla which holds plenty of rivers and overlooks majestic hills. Get ready for the thrills of river rafting in Shimla which flows through the waves and ripples of the river in the middle of Himalayas.
Rafting stretches in Shimla:
· 3 kilometers stretch at a small village Sunni is the easiest rafting for beginners
· 12 kilometers of rafting from Chabba offer a medium difficulty level while being more exciting and happening than the previous one at Sunni.
· 20 kilometers rafting to Pandowa from Luhri. Beginners are asked to stop short at Patakhra, as after that the rafting reaches Grade 3 and is not suitable for beginners.
Chandrabhaga in Lahaul & Spiti
The district administration of Lahaul and Spiti approved two sites for river rafting in the Chandra-Bhaga River. This allows travellers to enjoy adventure sports to attract travellers to this region. It is another rafting site approved from Muling up to the Tandi on the Chandra River which is 2.5 kilometers long. One place was approved near the Atal Tunnel from Gufa hotel up to Pagal Nullah on the Chandra River which is almost a 1-kilometre-long stretch.
Best time for river rafting in Himachal Pradesh –
Rafting in Himachal is the most enjoyable during the summer season when it’s sunny out there and cool water splashes on you while having fun. Though, for white water rafting the best time is from October to April. Travellers are suggested to avoid the Monsoon season due to the heavy rains and high-water levels of rivers.
Rafting tips in Himachal Pradesh –
· Follow the guidelines instructed by the rafting guide.
· Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before rafting.
· Track pants are preferred over jeans during this activity.
· Wear sturdy proper fitting boots to avoid frostbite.
· Avoid wearing thick or multiple pairs of socks for better blood circulation.
Places Covered: Delhi – Shimla – Kufri – Manali – Rohtang Pass – ...
Duration: 9N 10D
Places Covered: Delhi - Agra - Delhi - Shimla – Kullu , Manali ...
Duration: 7N 8D
Places Covered: Dalhousie – Khajjiar – Dalhousie
Duration: 3N 4D
Places Covered: Amritsar
Duration: 2N 3D
Places Covered: Shimla - Manali - Dharmsahala - Chandigarh
Duration: 7N 8D
Places Covered: Kasol
Duration: 5N 6D